Artist Statement
One thing that helped me raise me was sports. I learned valuable life lessons through the games of basketball, football, and baseball. First thing I learned was there are rules in sport, as there are in life. There is an appropriate way to behave and conduct oneself in each setting. Second thing I learned was that one must work hard, be determined, and committed to the process. Third lesson is to not get too low or too high, staying humble and composed shows character. Fourth lesson is to depend on others for help, as in the sports I mentioned before. Life is hard, and one can accept a helping hand. The fifth lesson I learned is to always have different goals and keep striving at them. Giving up is not an option, so one must develop a certain toughness for the battles throughout life. Some goals may seem unobtainable, but having a checklist of goals can make the path to the end goal easier. Through sport, I realized that there is no other job I'd be happier in than sports media. I find myself, at 30 years old, chasing my goal of entering the sports media world. Through my education, my social media, and a bit of networking along the way, I know I am able to reach my goals. This is my process, and I'm enjoying it.
Comments
Post a Comment